Thomas Davis (Irish: CLG Tomás Dáibhís) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club with extensive grounds and a clubhouse located on the Kiltipper Road in Tallaght, County Dublin, Ireland. Founded in 1888, Thomas Davis has a long association with Tallaght from the time when it was a small rural village in the countryside. The club motto is Nascann Dúshlán Daoine (A Challenge Unites People).
Thomas Davis GAA caters for ages 4 to Adult in Gaelic Football, Hurling, Ladies Football & Camogie. We are the largest sports club in Dublin 24 catering for up to 80 teams.
For many years Thomas Davis played on a field adjacent to the Church of Ireland chapel, known as ‘The Graveyard’ in Old Tallaght Village (beside the Belgard Road where Smyths Toys is currently located) before relocating in the early 1980s to a green field site on the Kiltipper Road. The club continued to use the Graveyard, together with public pitches in Seán Walsh Park, Dodder Park and Aylesbury throughout the 1990s. The Seán Walsh Park fields were subsequently redeveloped into a man-made lake and landscaped areas, with plans for a stadium to be there also (see below). Early development of club facilities were primarily financed through private sources, including the sale of life memberships, a series of large-scale private members draws and general club fund raising activities. In more recent years, the club has also benefited from grants from the Department of Arts, Sport and Tourism.