Get Involved and Help out the Club
You can get involved and volunteer, we are always on the lookout for :
- Coaches – we help you get your qualifications you need for coaching – no experience required!
- Mentors – we always need help with the teams particularly at juvenile level (even if just to assist with logistics) There is a voluntary job for everyone!
- Photography – we are always on the lookout for photographers who can promote our Gaelic games.
- Grounds commitee – help look after and maintain our club facilities and pitches.
- Volunteers for events, fundraisers or other committees in the club.
- Help with the website, social media pages and communications of the club ( A great opportunity for digital marketing, design, or business students or those qualifying to get experience)
The many benefits of volunteering include:
- Building self esteem and confidence
- Learning and developing new skills
- Enhancing work experience and CV building
- Meeting new people and broadening your social network
- Giving something back to the game you love
- Making a difference in your local community
- Having lots of craic!!
Garda Vetting + Child Safe Gaurding requirements for juvenile volunteers
In line with the GAA Code of Behaviour (Underage) and the recruitment and selection of persons to work with children, all Thomas Davis GAA coaches and mentors must:
1) be Garda vetted through the Foireann website
2) Attend a child safeguarding workshop and
3) Complete the Introduction to Gaelic Games coaching course.
Vetting and training courses must be in place before taking up a role working with children at the club. As defined in the Code of Behaviour (Underage) and the Children First Act (2015), a child is any person under the age of 18 years. This includes children under the age of 18 years who may play on minor or senior teams.
Remember you don’t need any experience, there are different roles that can cater for everyone!
If you are interested in getting involved in any capacity please contact our Club PRO Colin Brown for further details 0862077773.